Remote Field Service Technician - Mendota/Firebaugh, CA
Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modelling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2019) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2019) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges
Who you are:
Field Technicians are Semios’ hands and representatives in the field. You are responsible for installing, monitoring, and maintaining innovative wireless networks in tree nut and citrus orchards.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for agriculture, technology, and be comfortable with long hours outdoors in any environmental condition. You are a self motivated individual who is willing to work independently while completing tasks. You are a good communicator and a great team player.
What you will do:
- Operate remotely from your home
- Take ownership of a Semios service region by ensuring quality service is provided to all designated customers
- Install network equipment including Semios dispensers, insect camera traps, weather stations, network gateways, leaf wetness sensors and soil moisture monitoring sensors
- Troubleshoot and maintain networked sensors and equipment
- Operate company vehicles and ATVs in accordance with all safety requirements
- Transport necessary equipment to work sites with a trailer
- Track and maintain inventory
What you bring to the team:
- Familiarity with commercial tree nut or citrus operations or some background in agriculture desired
- Good communication skills to understand instructions and speak with management, and internal teams and customers.
- Good physical health and the ability to work outdoors in all conditions
- A valid driver’s license and no major driving infractions in the last 5 years
- Experience working with your hands
- A flexible schedule
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn
Nice to have:
- Mechanical experience
- Supervisory experience
- Past experience working remotely
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Familiarity or interest in working with technology
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Operate independently from home
- Health benefits available after probationary period
- Paid vacation and sick leave