Senior Hardware Engineer - IOT
Who we are
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 300 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modelling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2018,2019) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2018,2019) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges
- BC Export Awards - Clean Technology (2018)
Who you are:
You’ve designed complex systems from start to finish and figured out the best way to achieve the product requirements. You have an extraordinary ability to work cross functionally and communicate clearly with internal teams, stakeholders and suppliers. Your experience shows technical leadership and a track record of innovation. You are a great mentor who team members seek out for advice and technical direction.
How you will impact Semios:
- Own the end-to-end solution for Semios' IoT Hardware through all phases of development including: requirements, design, verification, compliance/FCC, manufacturing test, product ramp and related sustaining activities.
- Create related specifications, test procedures, verification reports and associated test fixture design support.
- Drive the RF related component design decisions, acting as primary technical liaison with various RF component suppliers.
- Work with firmware engineers to develop, test and troubleshoot prototype designs
- Work with our factory to bring products into MP stage
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7-8 years of experience in Hardware design, with preferably some RF experience.
- Proficient with hardware design and layout tools; Altium preferred
- Conduct simulations, link budget analysis, design integration and optimization as well as verification/validation as required.
- Strong knowledge of various hardware communication protocols such as SPI, UART, I2C, JTAG, and networking protocols including 802.15.4, LoRA and/or cellular design.
- Hardware prototyping and debugging experience with use of debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, serial protocol analyzers, spectrum analyzer, power meters
- Analysis of system performance (including periodic analysis of data collected from design validation, production and field tests)
- DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing) experience
- Experience with ARM microcontrollers and in-circuit debugging.
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience in LTE CatM1 cellular certifications including PTCRB, Safe for Network
- Experience with antenna specs, design and testing
- Hands on experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, power meters, spectrum analyzers, vector signal generator
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Competitive salary, health benefits and flexible work hours
- Use the latest, and best, tech for the job
- Tech-focused office location, convenient to transit and bike paths