Who we are:
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modeling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2019) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2019) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges
Who you are:
You are a problem solver who views challenges as possibilities - not problems - and who can produce API driven solutions. You enjoy working in a collaborative, creative and flexible team environment to provide a superb service to our internal and external stakeholders. You have a desire to work on projects that have a real-world impact on peoples’ lives and in agriculture.
What you will do:
You will work with our applications team to develop products and solve some unique challenges. You will work with a variety of tools from the cloud to the front-end including our:
- GraphQL API shared across customer applications for visualizing big data in clients.
- Serverless alert system for notifying farmers in real-time about risks and potential issues
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- Professional experience with NodeJS including REST APIs or GraphQL.
- Experience using Git with teams.
- Experience using PostgreSQL or BigQuery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a passion/love for it.
Nice to have:
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science or a related field.
- Experience using AWS, GCP, Serverless, or Docker.
- Experience writing tests.
- Experience using PostGIS.
- Passion for coding as demonstrated by being an active contributor to the local tech community or on Github.
Why this is the opportunity for you:
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other.
- Competitive salary, benefits and performance based bonus.
- Tech-focused office location, convenient to transit and bike paths.
- Use the latest, and best, tech for the job.