Technical Project Manager
Who we are
Semios is a market leader in leveraging the internet-of-things (IoT) and big data to improve the sustainability and profitability of specialty crops. With over 160 million data points being reported by our sensors every day, we leverage our big data analytics, such as in-depth pest and disease modelling, to empower tree fruit and tree nut growers with decision-making tools to minimize resources and risks.
We know our journey is only achievable by having a great team who shares ideas, tries new things and learns as we go.
Our innovative work has received several industry awards:
- THRIVE - Top 50 Leading AgTech (2019) – recognized as exemplifying some of the best in agriculture technology around the globe
- Global CleanTech Top 100 (2019) – identified as one of the companies best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges
One of our partners produced this short video which shows what we do and our positive environmental impact.
Who you are
Motivated by meaningful work, you are looking for more than just a job; you want to work for a dynamic, growing company that finds solutions to real-life problems, such as reducing the use of pesticides and helping nature feed a growing population. Your ideal work environment includes a collaborative team with lots of opportunity to learn and grow.
You are an experienced Technical Project Manager who has a track record of successful project delivery and who likes to help refine tools and processes. You have the ability to break complex projects down into manageable phases, develop functional specifications, and then work with the team to deliver them in a timely manner.
Given that our exciting projects span software, hardware, IoT applications and data science, it will be helpful to have a background in wireless networks, as well as, hardware and software development.
What you will do
Project Planning and Delivery
- Work with relevant stakeholders to refine project scope and translate objectives into technically feasible work packages.
- Understand product requirements and translate them into actionable plans
- Plan and coordinate project schedules, goals and milestones, and work with leads to assign appropriate resources
- Identify project risks and plans to mitigate them
- Maintain detailed status, activities and issue reports on projects to present to major project stakeholders
- Write periodic reports for project follow-ups and lessons learned from completed projects
- Identify creative solutions to project roadblocks and resolve issues and constraints with appropriate input
- Work closely and act as a liaison with product manager and cross-functional teams for assigned projects
- Ensure teams have the necessary resources to carry out their duties
- Proactively seek opportunities to promote collaboration and improve hand offs between teams
- Communicate with key stakeholders to ensure risks and impact of any scope changes are understood and approved
- Negotiate prioritization between product managers and technical leadership
- Work with business stakeholders to manage and organize user acceptance testing
We want you to succeed, so you will need:
- 3+ years experience in a formal project management role, including some hardware related projects
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in conflict resolution and comfortable working with technical and business teams
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with teams performing new product development while simultaneously supporting existing products
- Excellent knowledge of project management and issue management tools
- Solid technical background with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and/or network technologies
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to communicate business and user needs to technical audiences
Nice to have:
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Experience driving projects in hardware and/or embedded software
- Experience interfacing with Manufacturing and Production Stakeholders
- Experience working with remote teams
Why this is the opportunity for you
- Sleep better knowing you're making the world a better place through more sustainable food production
- Work with a team that values fun, laughter, and each other
- Use the latest, and best, tech for the job
- Competitive salary, stock options, and flexible work hours